LIMITED WARRANTY USA / CANADA
This warranty only applies to watches sold or repaired under warranty in the United States of America and Canada.
Cartier watches are guaranteed against any manufacturing defect for an unlimited period: any piece which is defective due to a manufacturing defect, confirmed by our technical services, will be repaired or replaced free of charge by Cartier. However, 24 months following the purchase date, you will be charged for the labor involved in any repair or replacement, whether the parts are covered by the warranty or not.
In order to benefit from this warranty, you must present the warranty certificate, which can be found in the service booklet. This certificate must be duly filled out, dated, stamped and signed by a Cartier boutique or authorized Cartier dealer.
With the exception of current legal provisions, this Limited Warranty constitutes the exclusive manufacturer's guarantee. This Limited Warranty, for labor expenses, and any other express or implied warranties, including any implied operating warranty for the envisaged use or for a particular use, shall be strictly limited to a period of 24 months from the purchase date. Cartier's liability is limited exclusively to repair or replacement under the terms stipulated in this warranty. Cartier shall not be held liable, in conformity with this Limited Warranty or by any other means, for any loss or damage resulting from the use of or inability to use your watch, or any accidental or consequential damage related to your watch.
As some States, Provinces or Territories do not permit the limiting of the duration of an implied warranty, or the exclusion or limiting of accidental or consequential damage, the above restrictions or exclusions may not apply to you.
The Guarantee covers
Under guarantee, any piece that has a manufacturing defect, confirmed by our technical services, will be repaired or replaced free of charge, during the 24-month period following the purchase. After that period, you will be charged for the labor involved in any repair or replacement.
The Guarantee does not cover
The Limited Warranty for the USA / Canada excludes in particular damage resulting from:
- Tampering or improper or abusive use (knocking, hitting, crushing).
- The use or consequences of the use of batteries not specifically recommended by Cartier.
- Alterations, repair or work carried out by a watch repair service that is not authorized by Cartier.
- The consequences of normal wear and tear on the watch or any leather or rubber strap.
- Loss of water resistance 24 months after purchase date, if your watch is water resistant.
- Any damage caused by contact with water, if your watch is not water resistant.
- Problems with the metal strap 24 months after the purchase date.
- Wearing away of the coating of the vermeil models once 24 months have passed since the purchase date.